1) EK BHARAT SHRESTHA BHARAT – 2nd QUARTER ACTIVITY (FOLK SONG) : Bihar is very rich in folk songs, folk dances and various cultural activities. This is Bhojpuri song which is sung in Bihar. This is specially sung in group of women, so it is called group song. It is sung in various occasions in Bihar state but specially on the occasions of marriages. Language of this song is Bhojpuri. It is very sweet and melodious folk song. It is very famous and popular in the locality of Bihar. It is traditional folk song of Bihar.
Venue : Serchhip, Mizoram
2) Bhojpuri Folk Song : JNV North Tripura organized the "Bhojpuri Folk Song" event under the Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.
Venue : North Tripura
3) Chhath Puja Geet : Chhat is an ancient Hindu vedic festival dedicated to the Hindu God. Surya and Chhat Maiya for a period of four days.The Chhath puja is performed in order to tyhank surya for sustaining life on earth and to request the granting of certain wishes.Its the most famous festival of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Venue : Gomati, Tripura
4) Chaita Folk song : This event is organized to inculcate the cultural prosperity between Bihar and Arunachal Pradesh.
Venue : Aurangabad, Bihar
5) Bihar Kajari Group Dance : - ‘Ek Bharat: Shreshta Bharat’ , an event was conducted with the sole motif of eliciting the image of India ,as a country with a perpetual integrity with people having various cultures , adhering to different belief systems , come together to present an unique unity. As such, the different cultures , religions socio – cultural and topographical differences , locals , dressing , languages , symbols representation , together constitutes our India; The Great India .
Venue : Sihtlangpui, Lawngtlai, Mizoram
6) JHIJHIYA FOLK DANCE OF BIHAR : Jhijhiya is a cultural dance from the Mithila region of Bihar and the Madhesh of Nepal. Jhijhiya is mostly played at time of Dusshera, in dedication to Durga Bhairavi, the goddess of victory.While dancing jhijhiya, women put a soil pot on their head and they balance it and then dance.
Venue : Dhalai, Tripura
7) जाट-जाटटन नृत्य एक दृष्टि में : जाट-जाटटन उत्तरी वबहार का सबसे प्रवसद्ध और प्रचवलत लोक नृत्य है | कोिी और वमविला क्षेत्र में इसकी ववविि ख्यावत है |यह नृत्य एक ककवदंवत किा पर आधाटरत है | कहते हैं कक, एक जाट-जाटटन िे, जो एक-दूसरे से अत्यंत प्रेम करते िे, सच्चा, हार्दयक और आनुभूवतक | परन्तु तिाकवित सामावजक वसद्धांतों ने उन्हें अलग कर कदया | वे एक दूसरे से दूर हो कर, अत्यंत ववपरीत पटरवस्िवतयों में, बेहद दुुःख में, वंचना में ककसी तरह वजए | इस नृत्य का मूल आधार उनके पववत्र प्रेम की स्मृवत को प्रस्तुत करना तिा व्याख्यावयत करना है | मूलतुः जोड़े में ककया जाने वाला यह नृत्य जाट-जाटटन के उसी प्रेम कक कलात्मक प्रस्तुवत है , उन्हें श्रद्धांजवल है | प्रारंभ में यह नृत्य इस प्रेम की कलात्मक प्रस्तुवत ही िी | बाद में यह सामावजक समस्याओं से भी जुड़ता गया | सूखा, बाढ़, गरीबी, प्रेम, दुुःख, पवत-पत्नी/प्रेमी-प्रेवमका की आपसी बात-चीत, तू-तू-मैं-मैं आकद सामावजक पटरवस्िवतयााँ और प्राकृवतक आपदाएं इस नृत्य को ववस्तार देती गई |जाट-जाटटन उत्तरी वबहार का सबसे प्रवसद्ध और प्रचवलत लोक नृत्य है | कोिी और वमविला क्षेत्र में इसकी ववविि ख्यावत है |यह नृत्य एक ककवदंवत किा पर आधाटरत है | कहते हैं कक, एक जाट-जाटटन िे, जो एक-दूसरे से अत्यंत प्रेम करते िे, सच्चा, हार्दयक और आनुभूवतक | परन्तु तिाकवित सामावजक वसद्धांतों ने उन्हें अलग कर कदया | वे एक दूसरे से दूर हो कर, अत्यंत ववपरीत पटरवस्िवतयों में, बेहद दुुःख में, वंचना में ककसी तरह वजए | इस नृत्य का मूल आधार उनके पववत्र प्रेम की स्मृवत को प्रस्तुत करना तिा व्याख्यावयत करना है | मूलतुः जोड़े में ककया जाने वाला यह नृत्य जाट-जाटटन के उसी प्रेम कक कलात्मक प्रस्तुवत है , उन्हें श्रद्धांजवल है | प्रारंभ में यह नृत्य इस प्रेम की कलात्मक प्रस्तुवत ही िी | बाद में यह सामावजक समस्याओं से भी जुड़ता गया | सूखा, बाढ़, गरीबी, प्रेम, दुुःख, पवत-पत्नी/प्रेमी-प्रेवमका की आपसी बात-चीत, तू-तू-मैं-मैं आकद सामावजक पटरवस्िवतयााँ और प्राकृवतक आपदाएं इस नृत्य को ववस्तार देती गई |
Venue : उत्तर त्रिपुरा, त्रिपुरा
8) Translation of five award winning books of one state in the language of pertaining state : In January 2018, a three day workshop organised by Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Purnea (Bihar) with the group of five students under the guidance of four teachers of this school. JK Singh (PGT Hindi) said that how you translate literary book in one language to another language, and he discussed difficulties of translation, Bhisham Datt (PGT Commerce) said that this type of activity will help to grow educational environment in campus. MD KA USMANI (TGT Urdu) said that translation workshop will fruitful for literary understanding. Rupesh Kumar (Art Teacher) said that the translation of the five award winning books will help multilingual achievement, and BK Tiwari (Principal, JNV PURNEA) said that these books are best collection of Indian literature and literary books have true historical presentation of Indian society so translation of these books will helpful for know about glorious past and also help for patriotic movement.
Venue : Garhbanaili, Purnea, Bihar
9) Inter House Rangoli Making Competition (Fine Art) : This Competition was organized in the Vidyalaya to develop student's skill and talents on Art.
Venue : Khowai, Tripura
10) National Foundation for communal Harmony : On the Occasion of National Foundation for Communal Harmony painting competition on the topic "Peace and Sustainable Harmony" was organized on 11th December 2017 in the Vidyalaya.
Venue : Khowai, Tripura
11) Jhumari Dance : The event name is Jhumari Dance. It is a traditional folk dance of Samastipur district of Bihar, which is performed by the rural women. This is no fixed season for this beautiful dance from. It is a dance which is performed at all times. As we know Jhumari is a community song dance performed during the harvest of the crops.
Venue : Kolasib, Mizoram
12) Kajri Dance : Kajri derived from the Hindi word Kajra, or Kohl, is a genre of semi-classical singing, popular in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. It is often used to describe the longing of a maiden for her lover as the black monsoon cloud come hanging in the summer skies, and the style is notably sung during the rainy season. It comes in the series of season songs, like Chaiti, Hori and Sawani, and is traditionally sung in the villages and towns of Uttar Pradesh: around Banaras, Mirzapur, Mathura, Allahabad and the Bhojpur regions of Bihar. The dance is performed along with Kajari song which is a monsoon song. Starting in the Indian month of ‘Shravan’ which is the start of monsoon season, the dance is performed till the time rainy season persists. The songs describe the sudden and pleasant change in the nature that has happened and also account the refreshing and relaxing feeling that people of the village feel.
Venue : Champhai, Mizoram
13) Jadurlok : Jadurlok Dance is especially performed in the State of Bihar by the Village peoples. In the harvesting season, male and female villagers do their work with dance and song in the field. Their happiness and joy is the symbol of good crop. The Dance is performed by the Male & Female together. Where Females make a circle and perform the dance in different style and males are playing instruments.
Venue : Pukpui, Lunglei, Mizoram
14) Raai Dance : The Bundelkhand region of Madhya Pradesh is rich in folklore and tradition. Inhabited by numerous tribes, each with their own varied culture and customs, the region has much to showcase in terms of dance and music. Among the many folk arts that thrive here is the Raai dance of the Bediya tribe. This is a tribe that has faced much ignominy because of a tradition of prostitution that thrives within it. Although prostitution is not as commonly practiced now as it was in the past, the tribe still has to come out of the notoriety that surrounds it. The govt. too has made many efforts towards relieving women of this community from the shackles of the past.The folk dance of this Bediya tribe which is known as ‘Raai’ is an intrinsic part of its heritage and present day identity.Through the centuries Raai has been the folk dance which has touched its peak as a classical dance. Later Raai had degenerated its aesthetical values and lost its classical expressions. Today it remains simply as a folk dance. Raai means a mustard seed. When a mustard seed is thrown into a saucer, the seed starts to swings around. The way mustard seed moves in the saucer, the dancers also swings and when the singers sing the lyrics of the song the dancers follow the beats with foot steps. It is a duet and the competition is between the beats of the drum and foot steps of the dancer. The drummer and the dancer try to win each other and this competition leads towards the bliss.
Venue : Serchhip, Mizoram
15) चकमा और चेर नृत्य : पारम्परिक चकमा लोक नृत्य जो मिजोरम राज्य के परम्परित लोक नृत्य की विधि है, जवाहर नवोदय के छात्राओं द्वारा इसका पूर्ण भावभंगिमा युक्त प्रस्तुतीकरण किया गया |
Venue : मैमत, मिजोरम