1) Cultural Exchange Programme between Home State & Partening State : the Cultural Exchange Programme between Home State & partening State (Gujarat & Madhya Pradesh) has been conducted in folk dance of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. The programme consisted of the performing art ie. Garbha dance of Gujarat that was performed by the migrated students of JNV Neemuch, MP and the Malwa (Matki) dance of MP that was performed by the local students of JNV Tapi.
Venue : Borkhadi, Tapi, Gujarat
2) Rajyotsav 2017 at Naya Raipur : The Government of Chhattisgarh is organizing, Development Exhibition on the occasion of The State Foundation Day ‘Rajyotsav – 2017’ from 1st to 5th November 2017 at Naya Raipur. RAJYOTSAV – 2017 is an annual event in which various State Government Departments, large companies including Public Sector Corporations participate. The purpose of the fair is to promote various schemes and projects of the State Government. It is a platform where companies present in Chhattisgarh including Public Sector Corporations showcase their product range, technology, expansion plans and its contribution to the society at large. Chhattisgarh though a new state, has several strengths and advantages over other states in terms of stable and forward looking political leadership, sufficient availability of power, abundant natural resources like minerals and forest including development made in the field of agriculture and allied fields, central location etc. It's rich and varied age old culture, dense virgin forests, wildlife sanctuaries, surface water, water bodies, falls and open arm welcome attitude of the people provide an opportunity to make it an attractive tourist destination. Chhattisgarh is poised to be the State of 21st Century. Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat , Gujarat a partner state of Chhattisgarh participated in Rajyotsav celebration from 1st to 5th November at Raipur. Truly a matter of pride for both the states to witness such a grand opening ceremony. The Tribal based Theme pavilion was installed at Rajyotsav in which Tourist destination sites have been displayed and 1 stall is installed in World heritage city Ahmedabad. The Theme Pavilion of Gujarat was inaugurated by Hon'ble Tourism Minister Shri Dayaldas Baghel ji. Chhattisgarh witnessed the incredible live cultural performances by Garba Groups. 54 artists with various acts performed at main stage from Youth and culture department. Gujarat Tourism 3D Exhibition was arranged on themes of Tourist Destinations and World Heritage city of Ahmedabad to aware locals about the richness of Gujarat. Patola, Jari work, Kutchhi, Tangalia, Block print, Woolen and Mirrorwork Apparels were displayed at Stalls for selling and were high in demand which were supported by Garvi Gurjari and iNDEX C. Other handicraft of Gujarat like Akik stone jewellery and show pieces gained special attention. Total 13 stalls from Handicraft Department and 1 stall of Neem product by GNFC were on display for the local public. Gujarat installed one stall at a special attraction called Shilpgram in which the various hand-crafted items were in display and sell. In the food court Gujarat cuisine were served by a Self help Group from Gujarat which was supported by Gujarat Rural Livelihood Mission. Mouth watering dishes like Patra, Khaman, Dhokla, Thepala, Bajrina Rotla, Bharthu and Khichdi were served. On the final day of Rajyotsav event various dignitaries from Chhattisgarh state visited the Gujarat pavilion. Addl. Secretary, Mr Ajay Singh, Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture, Mrs Niharika singh, Secretary of Urban Development, Managing Director of Chhattisgarh Tourism Board, Mr. M.T. Nandy visited the Gujarat pavilion. All the dignitaries were felicitated with shawl and Tourist destination literature. The rush of local public was immense inside the Gujarat Pavilion. Around 8000 to 9000 people had visited the Gujarat pavilion on the final day of the event.
4) Beach Festival 2017 : Tourism Corporation of Gujarat has organized a Beach Festival to encourage tourism in Gujarat. It is celebrated at seven beaches of the state such as Somnath, Mandavi, Madhavpur, Tithal, Suwali, Gopnath, and Dwarika. Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat cultural programme was performed at Suvali and Tithal Beach. 20 artists from Chhattisgarh participated at Beach festival. Several activities are introduced in this festival and it provided knowledge and fun to the tourists. There are some adventurous sports for adventure lovers, while handicraft item stalls are arranged for folk-art lovers as well. TCGL has even organized entertainment events for children. Overall, the festival is enjoyed by each and every age group. Various sports activities are introduced in Beach Festival such as Beach Volley Ball, Rope-pull, Camel and Horse Ride, Commando Net, Beam Balancing, Burma Bridge, Rope Climbing, Tyre Climbing, Mehandi, Music, Dance and Drawing etc. During the day session, activities such as clay art, sports for children etc. and food court, craft stalls and photo corner as well are arranged. While some scenic spots are also been included in it, such as Nageshwar Mahadev Temple, Sudama Setu, Gomti Ghat, Shivrajpur Beach, Rukshmani Temple, Bet Dwarika etc.
5) Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav : Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav held in Gujarat during 7th -13 October 2017
Venue : Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Somnath, Dwarka
6) Tribal festival 2017 at Songadh : Tourism Corporation of Gujarat organized a Tribal Festival to encourage tourism in Gujarat from October 6, 2017 to October 8, 2017at Songadh. Government’s Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat initiative has spread in the whole country with full enthusiasm. Keeping in mind of this initiative, this year the theme of Tribal festival was connected with Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat. This year Tribal festival included special handicrafts, tables and stalls of various art work. In addition to cultural programmes, a special parade highlighting tribal culture was also been organized in which tribal artists participated and showed their talent. In this festival, more than 20 artists from Chhattisgarh and more than 80 artists from various location of Gujarat participated in the Event. Tribal people play a key part in constructing the cultural heritage of Gujarat. They occupy a major part in the history of Gujarat as they are considered as the true habitants. The tribal people are scattered in different parts and they form a considerable number of the population. The traditional and cultural distinction of each tribal community has made them distinguishable from each other and their cultural and traditional heritage add colour and variation to the Indian culture as a whole and form a compact culture.
7) Theme Pavilion Navratri Mahotsav 2017 : One of the biggest dancing festival in Gujarat i.e. Vibrant Navratri Festival was celebrated at GMDC Ground in Ahmedabad between 21st to 29th September 2017. A theme Pavilion Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat was erected. Various Tourist Destinations, Wildlife, Food and Culture of both states were showcased inside the pavilion.
8) Navratri Festival 2017 at Ahmedabad : One of the biggest dancing festival of Gujarat i.e. Vibrant Navratri Festival was celebrated at GMDC Ground of Ahmedabad between 21st to 29th September, where the famous Champaran Temple was set up and 25 Handicraft and handloom stalls were prepared. Apart from this, 70 artists performed dance under the cultural programme namely Shakti Vandna on 21st September 2017 in Inaugural function to welcome Chief Minister of Gujarat.
9) Saputara Monsoon Festival 2017 : Saputara -- Gujarat’s only hill station adorned in all its monsoon glory –witnessed the inauguration of the vibrant and extravagant Saputara Monsoon Festival. The month-long festival, which concludes on September 10, was inaugurated by Shri Ganpatbhai Vestabhai Vasava, Honorable Minister, Tribal Development, Tourism, Forest - Gujarat, at Saputara Lake, Boat House Ground. This popular event that is specially curated each year to pay a magnificent ode to Saputara’s beauteous monsoon. The festival is marked by an array of eclectic activities including exhibitions, adventure activities, cultural programmes, food festival, interactive games, competitions, flash mobs and much more. Hordes of tourists from different parts of the country are known to throng Saputara during the festival to enjoy the famous monsoon as well as participate in the lively celebration. 30 participants from Chhattisgarh participated in the Parade as well as a cultural programme Each year, the festival is organised by the Gujarat Tourism in order to encourage tourism, promote Saputara as a hill resort destination and create awareness about its many natural and cultural attractions.
10) Sasan Gir Monsoon Festival 2017 : The Sasan Gir Monsoon Festival was inaugurated on 2nd September at Bhalchhel, Helipad Ground, Sasan Gir, Junagadh. A 30-day long monsoon festival at Sasan Gir kicked off on Sunday. Cultural programmes were presented every evening during the festival at this place. Popular TV serial Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashmah actors remained present on this occasion. A large number of local people gathered to enjoy the inaugural ceremony of monsoon festival. Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Chhattisgarh state has sent the Craft men. Two stalls were installed by Chhattisgarh crafts men. A wide range of ethnic, genuine and quality handicraft from Bastar region was displayed in stalls. Bastar Arts are one of the fastest growing one of the best Manufacturer for Dhokra (Bell Metal) Handicrafts (a well known craft of Chhattisgarh, India).
11) Chakradhar Samaroh-2017 : Chakradhar Samaroh-2017 was celebrated at Raigadh by Chhattisgarh Tourism and a cultural programme was performed on 30th August by the artist from Gujarat State. The celebration was between 25th August to 3rd September 2017.
12) Pola festival 2017 : 2 day Pola Festival was arranged at Madiapaar, Dhamdha by Chhattisgarh State on 20th and 21st August where artists from Gujarat State showcased there talent in a cultural programme bannered “Anuraag Dhara”.
15) Gujarat Tourism Fair : A special three-day program was held by the Tourism Corporation Of Gujarat Limited as part of the government’s “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Programme” (EBSB) between August 4 to August 6 in Raipur, Chhattisgarh that included a three-day tourism fair. A 100mtr Tourism pavilion was erected for Tourist Destinations of Gujarat. 15 Travel agents were given space by Gujarat Tourism to promote Gujarat state. 17 artisans from Gujarat showcased in Haat with Handicraft and Handloom items.
16) Sabarmati Centenary Celebration and Shrimad Rajchandraji on 150th birth Anniversary 2017 : The Sabarmati centenary celebration to mark 100 years of the Sabarmati Ashram, which served as the epicentre of India’s freedom struggle during Mahatma Gandhi’s stay. A celebration of Event includes Release of Special Day Cover on Sabarmati Ashram, Release of Books on Sabarmati Centenary Celebrations, Formal Handing over of the Archival Material by the National Archives of India to Sabarmati Ashram Trust, Release of commemorative coin and stamp in honour of Shrimad Rajchandraji on 150th birth anniversary. The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India graced the occasion with their presence. The celebrations were marked by a host of cultural programmes including dramas and skits. 12 Participants from Chhattisgarh performed on theme based act called “Satya ni Prayogshala”.
17) Gilli Danda event : Gujarat took back the mantle of a host with a Gilli Danda event which was organised for children at Vadodara that received a great response. Around 50 children participated in this event and showcased sportsman spirit.
18) Kumbh Mela : The Kumbh Mela is one of the holiest gatherings of pilgrims in the world. Most people know of Kumbha Mela and its four holy locations, but a secret is that there is a fifth Kumbh Mela. Rajim Kumbh Mela is a popular gathering of Vaishnaviites, the followers of Lord Vishnu. Rajim is located near the convergence of Mahanadi, Sondur and Pairi rivers. The Rajimalochana Temple is well known for being the venue of the Rajim Kumbh Mela. A Garba troupe from Gujarat had participated in Kumbh Mela at Rajim. The event was held in the month of February 2017.
19) Vasantotsav : Giving an opportune platform to youngsters, Vasantotsav was then held at Sanskruti Kunj in Gandhinagar in the month of February from 16th to 28th February where theatre, drama and other cultural programmes took centre stage transforming the city into a haven for artistic expression.
20) Culture Program at Rann Utsav 2016-17 : A cultural programme was arranged by the Sports, Youth & Cultural Activities Department at Dhordo, Kutch on 21st January 2017. Under the EBSB initiative artists from Chattisgarh and Gujarat performed a cultural dance showcasing their tradition.