1) PAINTING COMPETITION : EK BHARAT SHRESHTRA BHARAT PAINTING COMPETITION DEPICTING DIFFERENT CUISINE'S OF GUJRAT & CHATTISGARH
Venue : JNV JASHPUR CG
2) Cultural Programme (SANSKRITI SADBHAWANA ) : PATRIOTIC SONGS (SINGAL, GROUP SONGS), DANCE , DRAMA ETC.
Venue : PRINCIPAL, JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA, DHORIDAND,
3) Homestays Promotion in Gujarat : ‘Homestays Promotion in Gujarat’ was organized by Gujarat Tourism at Lords Plaza Hotel, Surat, Gujarat on 28th June 2018 from 10:30 am -13:30 pm. The event was organized under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat initiative by Government of India. Mr. Dilip Acharya, Head of operation Department, Mrs Shubhda Chaturvedi, Head of Communications and Public Relations and Mr. Shubhendra Singh Tourist officer from Chhattisgarh Tourism Board attended the programme. Mr. Dinesh Patel, Gujarat Tourism and Mr. Sanat Relia, Vice president South Surat Hotel Association also participated among the other stakeholders. Homestay owners from Surat and Tours & Travel operators participated in the Programme. There were 35 participants at the event. Homestay owners present in the workshop shared their experiences with the participants.
Venue : Lords Plaza Hotel, Surat
4) Joint Promotion initiative of Gujarat & Chhattisgarh : A joint promotion travel meet event was organized collectively by partner states Gujarat and Chhattisgarh, at the Royal Orchid Hotel, Lucknow on June 22, 2018. The invitees were travel agents of Lucknow, who were briefed about Various tourist places in the two respective states and encouraged to organize trips to the two states and explore the same. Various tourist sites in Gujarat like Champaner, Ambaji, Gir, Lothal, Saputara, Rann and many more were promoted during the event. While, tourist sites in Chhattisgarh like Raipur city-state, Sirpur, Rajim, Chitrakote Waterfall and many more were also promoted.
Venue : Royal Orchid Hotel Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
5) International Day of Yoga 2018 : Being an ancient tradition dating back to 5,000 years back Yoga is the art of attaining Mental, Physical and Spiritual wellbeing. International Day of Yoga is celebrated on 21st June across the world after United Nation General Assembly declared International Yoga day from 2015. Since then the tradition has continued and this was the fourth year of its celebration. The theme of IDY 2018 was “Yoga for Harmony and Peace”.
Venue : Toran Hotels of Gujarat
6) Chhattisgarhi Food Festival at Gujarat : The Food Festival began in Ahmedabad on 4th June 2018 and ended on 6th June 2018. From there the extravaganza of the Food festival traveled to Champaner and was there for the following two days, it then embarked on a journey to Saputara the beautiful hill station of Gujarat and after a five-day feast, it moved to Junagadh the land of the Royal Lions for a day. The festive banquet next took a halt at Porbandar for two days and from there traveled to Dwarka the land of Shri Krishna and finally ended on 18th June 2018.
Venue : Toran Hotels of Gujarat
7) Sadakal Gujarat 2018 : The Government of Gujarat in collaboration with Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd. and NRG Foundation celebrated “Sadakal Gujarat” from 21st April to 24th April 2018 at Pandit deendayal Auditorium, Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
Venue : Pandit deendayal Auditorium, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
8) EBSB Coffee table book launch : Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Coffee table book was launched by HCM Chhattisgarh, Dr Raman Singh Ji & HCM Gujarat, Vijay Rupani Ji at Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Auditorium, Raipur.
Venue : Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Auditorium, Raipur
9) Inauguration of Tourist Information Bureau : Tourist Information Bureau was inaugurated on 21st April 2018. It was opened near Sanskruti Bhavan at Raipur. TIB was digitally inaugurated by Hon'ble Chief Ministers of Gujarat and Chhattisgarh state.
Venue : Sanskruti Bhavan, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
10) Handball Tournament : Participants states/UT are Chhattisgarh, Puducherry, Daman-Diu and Gujarat. Gujarat-Chhattisgarh pair created against Daman-Diu & Puducherry. Gujarat-Chhattisgarh pair won the tournament.
Venue : SAI Trainig Centre, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
11) Madhavpur Ghed Fair 2018 : Madhavpur Ghed Fair was celebrated from 25th March to 29th March 2018 at Madhavpur village.The event is memorialised with a temple dedicated to lord Madhavraiji and by an annual fair held in the village. The mythological event suggests that Krishna married Rukmini at Madhavpur after first kidnapping her from Arunachal.
Venue : Madhavpur village, Porbandar, Gujarat
12) Interstate Youth Exchange Programme : Interstate Youth Exchange Programme was organised in March 2018 by Nehru Yuva Kendra Gandhinagar. 50 students from Chhattisgarh participated in exchange programme. Various activities like debate competition, sports, heritage site visits, musical programme and visit to different gardens were part of it.
Venue : Gujarat -Chhattisgarh
13) Ek Bharat Shershtha Bharat : PAINTING COMPETITION
Venue : JNV KURUD -DHAMTARI (C.G.)
15) Cultural Exchange Programme between Home State & Partening State : the Cultural Exchange Programme between Home State & partening State (Gujarat & Madhya Pradesh) has been conducted in folk dance of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. The programme consisted of the performing art ie. Garbha dance of Gujarat that was performed by the migrated students of JNV Neemuch, MP and the Malwa (Matki) dance of MP that was performed by the local students of JNV Tapi.
Venue : Borkhadi, Tapi, Gujarat
16) New Year Celebration : Various cultural programs performed by the students
Venue : Korea, Chhattisgarh
17) Development Exhibition on 14th year of Achievement of CG Gove : Cultural programs performed by the students
Venue : Korea, Chhattisgarh
18) Children’s Day : Various cultural programs performed by the students.
Venue : Korea, Chhattisgarh
19) Various events of JNV, Durg, Borai, Chhattisgarh : Various events of JNV, Durg, Borai, Chhattisgarh
Venue : Durg, Borai, Chhattisgarh
20) Rajyotsav 2017 at Naya Raipur : The Government of Chhattisgarh is organizing, Development Exhibition on the occasion of The State Foundation Day ‘Rajyotsav – 2017’ from 1st to 5th November 2017 at Naya Raipur. RAJYOTSAV – 2017 is an annual event in which various State Government Departments, large companies including Public Sector Corporations participate. The purpose of the fair is to promote various schemes and projects of the State Government. It is a platform where companies present in Chhattisgarh including Public Sector Corporations showcase their product range, technology, expansion plans and its contribution to the society at large. Chhattisgarh though a new state, has several strengths and advantages over other states in terms of stable and forward looking political leadership, sufficient availability of power, abundant natural resources like minerals and forest including development made in the field of agriculture and allied fields, central location etc. It's rich and varied age old culture, dense virgin forests, wildlife sanctuaries, surface water, water bodies, falls and open arm welcome attitude of the people provide an opportunity to make it an attractive tourist destination. Chhattisgarh is poised to be the State of 21st Century. Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat , Gujarat a partner state of Chhattisgarh participated in Rajyotsav celebration from 1st to 5th November at Raipur. Truly a matter of pride for both the states to witness such a grand opening ceremony. The Tribal based Theme pavilion was installed at Rajyotsav in which Tourist destination sites have been displayed and 1 stall is installed in World heritage city Ahmedabad. The Theme Pavilion of Gujarat was inaugurated by Hon'ble Tourism Minister Shri Dayaldas Baghel ji. Chhattisgarh witnessed the incredible live cultural performances by Garba Groups. 54 artists with various acts performed at main stage from Youth and culture department. Gujarat Tourism 3D Exhibition was arranged on themes of Tourist Destinations and World Heritage city of Ahmedabad to aware locals about the richness of Gujarat. Patola, Jari work, Kutchhi, Tangalia, Block print, Woolen and Mirrorwork Apparels were displayed at Stalls for selling and were high in demand which were supported by Garvi Gurjari and iNDEX C. Other handicraft of Gujarat like Akik stone jewellery and show pieces gained special attention. Total 13 stalls from Handicraft Department and 1 stall of Neem product by GNFC were on display for the local public. Gujarat installed one stall at a special attraction called Shilpgram in which the various hand-crafted items were in display and sell. In the food court Gujarat cuisine were served by a Self help Group from Gujarat which was supported by Gujarat Rural Livelihood Mission. Mouth watering dishes like Patra, Khaman, Dhokla, Thepala, Bajrina Rotla, Bharthu and Khichdi were served. On the final day of Rajyotsav event various dignitaries from Chhattisgarh state visited the Gujarat pavilion. Addl. Secretary, Mr Ajay Singh, Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture, Mrs Niharika singh, Secretary of Urban Development, Managing Director of Chhattisgarh Tourism Board, Mr. M.T. Nandy visited the Gujarat pavilion. All the dignitaries were felicitated with shawl and Tourist destination literature. The rush of local public was immense inside the Gujarat Pavilion. Around 8000 to 9000 people had visited the Gujarat pavilion on the final day of the event.
21) Beach Festival 2017 : Tourism Corporation of Gujarat has organized a Beach Festival to encourage tourism in Gujarat. It is celebrated at seven beaches of the state such as Somnath, Mandavi, Madhavpur, Tithal, Suwali, Gopnath, and Dwarika. Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat cultural programme was performed at Suvali and Tithal Beach. 20 artists from Chhattisgarh participated at Beach festival. Several activities are introduced in this festival and it provided knowledge and fun to the tourists. There are some adventurous sports for adventure lovers, while handicraft item stalls are arranged for folk-art lovers as well. TCGL has even organized entertainment events for children. Overall, the festival is enjoyed by each and every age group. Various sports activities are introduced in Beach Festival such as Beach Volley Ball, Rope-pull, Camel and Horse Ride, Commando Net, Beam Balancing, Burma Bridge, Rope Climbing, Tyre Climbing, Mehandi, Music, Dance and Drawing etc. During the day session, activities such as clay art, sports for children etc. and food court, craft stalls and photo corner as well are arranged. While some scenic spots are also been included in it, such as Nageshwar Mahadev Temple, Sudama Setu, Gomti Ghat, Shivrajpur Beach, Rukshmani Temple, Bet Dwarika etc.
22) Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav : Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav held in Gujarat during 7th -13 October 2017
Venue : Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Somnath, Dwarka
23) Tribal festival 2017 at Songadh : Tourism Corporation of Gujarat organized a Tribal Festival to encourage tourism in Gujarat from October 6, 2017 to October 8, 2017at Songadh. Government’s Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat initiative has spread in the whole country with full enthusiasm. Keeping in mind of this initiative, this year the theme of Tribal festival was connected with Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat. This year Tribal festival included special handicrafts, tables and stalls of various art work. In addition to cultural programmes, a special parade highlighting tribal culture was also been organized in which tribal artists participated and showed their talent. In this festival, more than 20 artists from Chhattisgarh and more than 80 artists from various location of Gujarat participated in the Event. Tribal people play a key part in constructing the cultural heritage of Gujarat. They occupy a major part in the history of Gujarat as they are considered as the true habitants. The tribal people are scattered in different parts and they form a considerable number of the population. The traditional and cultural distinction of each tribal community has made them distinguishable from each other and their cultural and traditional heritage add colour and variation to the Indian culture as a whole and form a compact culture.
24) Navratri Festival 2017 at Ahmedabad : One of the biggest dancing festival of Gujarat i.e. Vibrant Navratri Festival was celebrated at GMDC Ground of Ahmedabad between 21st to 29th September, where the famous Champaran Temple was set up and 25 Handicraft and handloom stalls were prepared. Apart from this, 70 artists performed dance under the cultural programme namely Shakti Vandna on 21st September 2017 in Inaugural function to welcome Chief Minister of Gujarat.
25) Theme Pavilion Navratri Mahotsav 2017 : One of the biggest dancing festival in Gujarat i.e. Vibrant Navratri Festival was celebrated at GMDC Ground in Ahmedabad between 21st to 29th September 2017. A theme Pavilion Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat was erected. Various Tourist Destinations, Wildlife, Food and Culture of both states were showcased inside the pavilion.
26) Saputara Monsoon Festival 2017 : Saputara -- Gujarat’s only hill station adorned in all its monsoon glory –witnessed the inauguration of the vibrant and extravagant Saputara Monsoon Festival. The month-long festival, which concludes on September 10, was inaugurated by Shri Ganpatbhai Vestabhai Vasava, Honorable Minister, Tribal Development, Tourism, Forest - Gujarat, at Saputara Lake, Boat House Ground. This popular event that is specially curated each year to pay a magnificent ode to Saputara’s beauteous monsoon. The festival is marked by an array of eclectic activities including exhibitions, adventure activities, cultural programmes, food festival, interactive games, competitions, flash mobs and much more. Hordes of tourists from different parts of the country are known to throng Saputara during the festival to enjoy the famous monsoon as well as participate in the lively celebration. 30 participants from Chhattisgarh participated in the Parade as well as a cultural programme Each year, the festival is organised by the Gujarat Tourism in order to encourage tourism, promote Saputara as a hill resort destination and create awareness about its many natural and cultural attractions.
27) Sasan Gir Monsoon Festival 2017 : The Sasan Gir Monsoon Festival was inaugurated on 2nd September at Bhalchhel, Helipad Ground, Sasan Gir, Junagadh. A 30-day long monsoon festival at Sasan Gir kicked off on Sunday. Cultural programmes were presented every evening during the festival at this place. Popular TV serial Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashmah actors remained present on this occasion. A large number of local people gathered to enjoy the inaugural ceremony of monsoon festival. Under Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Chhattisgarh state has sent the Craft men. Two stalls were installed by Chhattisgarh crafts men. A wide range of ethnic, genuine and quality handicraft from Bastar region was displayed in stalls. Bastar Arts are one of the fastest growing one of the best Manufacturer for Dhokra (Bell Metal) Handicrafts (a well known craft of Chhattisgarh, India).
28) Chakradhar Samaroh-2017 : Chakradhar Samaroh-2017 was celebrated at Raigadh by Chhattisgarh Tourism and a cultural programme was performed on 30th August by the artist from Gujarat State. The celebration was between 25th August to 3rd September 2017.
29) Pola festival 2017 : 2 day Pola Festival was arranged at Madiapaar, Dhamdha by Chhattisgarh State on 20th and 21st August where artists from Gujarat State showcased there talent in a cultural programme bannered “Anuraag Dhara”.
31) Solo MTB Cycle ride : A Solo cycle journey from Chhattisgarh to Kutch Gujarat where in the whole journey was conducted by rider Mrinal on MTB cycle with his two friends(camera man) on bike. The whole journey was 2545 km. Rider Mrinal had distributed 2000 postcard size photographs of Chhattisgarh culture. Also meet thousands of people, Government Officials and aboriginals of Gujarat, learn various sentences of Gujarati language, saw adorable destinations of Gujarat.
Venue : Raipur to Kutch Gujarat
32) Food Festival at Raipur : A Food Festival was organized during Tourism Fair at Courtyard Marriott, Raipur. Aromatic Gujarati dishes like Fafda, Patra, Khaman, Dhokla, Handvi, Thepala and Gujarati Thali were served to tourist.
33) Gujarat Tourism Fair : A special three-day program was held by the Tourism Corporation Of Gujarat Limited as part of the government’s “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Programme” (EBSB) between August 4 to August 6 in Raipur, Chhattisgarh that included a three-day tourism fair. A 100mtr Tourism pavilion was erected for Tourist Destinations of Gujarat. 15 Travel agents were given space by Gujarat Tourism to promote Gujarat state. 17 artisans from Gujarat showcased in Haat with Handicraft and Handloom items.
34) Sabarmati Centenary Celebration and Shrimad Rajchandraji on 150th birth Anniversary 2017 : The Sabarmati centenary celebration to mark 100 years of the Sabarmati Ashram, which served as the epicentre of India’s freedom struggle during Mahatma Gandhi’s stay. A celebration of Event includes Release of Special Day Cover on Sabarmati Ashram, Release of Books on Sabarmati Centenary Celebrations, Formal Handing over of the Archival Material by the National Archives of India to Sabarmati Ashram Trust, Release of commemorative coin and stamp in honour of Shrimad Rajchandraji on 150th birth anniversary. The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India graced the occasion with their presence. The celebrations were marked by a host of cultural programmes including dramas and skits. 12 Participants from Chhattisgarh performed on theme based act called “Satya ni Prayogshala”.
35) Gilli Danda event : Gujarat took back the mantle of a host with a Gilli Danda event which was organised for children at Vadodara that received a great response. Around 50 children participated in this event and showcased sportsman spirit.
36) Kumbh Mela : The Kumbh Mela is one of the holiest gatherings of pilgrims in the world. Most people know of Kumbha Mela and its four holy locations, but a secret is that there is a fifth Kumbh Mela. Rajim Kumbh Mela is a popular gathering of Vaishnaviites, the followers of Lord Vishnu. Rajim is located near the convergence of Mahanadi, Sondur and Pairi rivers. The Rajimalochana Temple is well known for being the venue of the Rajim Kumbh Mela. A Garba troupe from Gujarat had participated in Kumbh Mela at Rajim. The event was held in the month of February 2017.
37) Rajim Kumbh - Cultural Performance of Participants of Gujarat : Artists from Gujarat performed at the cultural program organized on the occasion of Rajim Kumbh from 18th - 20th Feb 2017, at the pious confluence of three rivers namely - Mahanadi, Pairi, and Sondur.
Venue : Rajim, Chhattisgarh
38) Vasantotsav : Giving an opportune platform to youngsters, Vasantotsav was then held at Sanskruti Kunj in Gandhinagar in the month of February from 16th to 28th February where theatre, drama and other cultural programmes took centre stage transforming the city into a haven for artistic expression.
39) NSS Camp : 20 Volunteers from Gujarat participated in NSS Camp organized from 9th - 19th February 2017 at Amleshwer, Durg District, Chhattisgarh.
Venue : Amleshwer, Durg, Chhattisgarh
40) Inter State Training Program of Farmers under "Extention Reforms" ATMA Scheme : Farmers from Gariyaband District of Chhattisgarh participated in the training program held at Anand and Navsari, Gujarat from 8th-18th Feb 2017.
Venue : Anand and Navsari
41) Train Journey of 1000 senior citizens (devotees) from Chhattisgarh : A group of 1000 senior citizens from Chhattisgarh went on pilgrimage from 28th to 31st January 2017 and visited Somanath, Dwarka and Nageshwer Temples in Gujarat.
Venue : Somnath, Dwarka & Nageshwar
42) MoU signing between Chhattisgarh & Gujarat at National Conference of Central and State / UTs Minister & Secretaries of Tourism, Culture, Youth Affairs and Sports : Memorandum of Undertaking was signed between Chhattisgarh & Gujarat under EBSB on 22nd Jan 2017.The memorandum was signed by Shri Dayaldas Baghel & Shri Ganpatsinh Vasava, Tourism Ministers of the respective states. Under which states will have to share the bond of brotherhood by promoting each other's culture, tradition and way of life.
Venue : Dhorda (Rann of Kutch)
43) Culture Program at Rann Utsav 2016-17 : A cultural programme was arranged by the Sports, Youth & Cultural Activities Department at Dhordo, Kutch on 21st January 2017. Under the EBSB initiative artists from Chattisgarh and Gujarat performed a cultural dance showcasing their tradition.